PlugShare, World’s Largest Electric Vehicle Charging Network, Now Available Online
PALO ALTO, CA - October 14, 2011 - Electric vehicle drivers looking for a recharge now can do so even easier. Xatori Inc., an electric vehicle software company, today announced the launch of its PlugShare web application, making its charging network accessible across the Web. To access the network via the new app, point any internet-enabled browser to http://www.plugshare.com.
PlugShare is a community-driven electric vehicle (EV) charging network that allows users in the USA and Canada to locate charging stations through a growing community of thousands of EV supporters and enthusiasts. PlugShare allows EV owners and non-EV owning enthusiasts alike to share their outlets with one another. Members can choose to share 240v J1772 plugs (compatible with the latest generation of EVs, such as the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt) or standard 120v outlets. PlugShare also includes an up-to-date listing of public charging stations.
Using the PlugShare Web application, users can:
- Browse the world’s largest database of charging stations (4,500+ to date)
- Share electricity from their home EV plug or domestic outlet with other EV owners
- Check real-time availability of ChargePoint ™ and Blink™ charging stations
- Contact PlugShare members via phone or SMS directly through their internet browser
- Connect with Facebook to share PlugShare activity with friends
- Share charging station links using Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter
- Read and post reviews of charging stations
- Edit and add information about public charging station locations
- View images of charging locations provided by Google Street View™
- Get directions to charging station locations via Google Maps™
By enabling access through the web as well as on Android and iOS, PlugShare allows anyone with a computer and an Internet connection to access the largest and most complete database of EV charging sites in the world. Activity within the PlugShare web application can be resumed on the go by installing the PlugShare iOS or Android applications.
“By integrating APIs from all the major charging network operators, PlugShare ensures that public charging station information is always up-to-date” said Forrest North, CEO. “PlugShare is the only network that maps public and private charging stations, squashing range anxiety for EV owners and those considering one.”
For more information please visit the website at www.plugshare.com or follow PlugShare on Twitter at www.twitter.com/plugshare.
About Xatori Inc.
Xatori is a Palo Alto-based software company started 2010 that builds innovative apps for electric vehicles and an enlightened electricity grid. CEO Forrest North was previously founder and CEO at Mission Motors and an engineer at Tesla Motors. CTO Armen Petrosian was previously an engineer at Amprius and on the Stanford Solar Car team. Advisors include Max Levchin (co-founder of PayPal and Slide) and Marc Tarpenning (co-founder of Tesla Motors).