Updated and Effective as of March 2014
1. WE WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND WHAT RECARGO DOES WITH YOUR DATA
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
2.1 Automatically Collected Information
2.1.2. Web Beacons
Recargo’s website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons - also referred to as single-pixel gifs. These permit Recargo to count users who have visited its pages and to collect other related website statistics - (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on Recargo’s websites; they are solely used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of the Recargo’s websites. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. Recargo tracks the pages on Recargo’s websites that our users visit in order to determine which areas and sites are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the website to customers whose behavior indicates they are interested in a particular subject area.
2.1.3. Device, Network, and EV Information
We collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access Recargo websites and from the devices in your EV that sync with Recargo websites. When you visit or leave Recargo by clicking a hyperlink or view a plugin on a third-party site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed. Also, advertisers receive the URL of the page that you are on when you click on any ad that may appear on Recargo’s site. We also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing Recargo using a mobile device), and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up, which we use to show you local information (for example, local charging station) on our iPad application.
2.1.4. E-mail addresses
Whenever a Recargo website offers a link to send e-mail messages to the Recargo website, your e-mail address is collected, so that the Recargo website may reply to your inquiry.
2.1.5. Third Party Sites
When you use your Recargo account to sign in to third party sites or to access third party services (e.g. use plugins for Facebook, Google +, and Twitter), both Recargo and those third party sites may collect information and use it to recommend content specifically tailored to you. When you use third party services to access Recargo websites and services (e.g. through Facebook, Google +, and Twitter), both Recargo and those third party sites may collect information and use it to recommend content specifically tailored to you.
Because Recargo is constantly innovating and developing ways to improve its services, we may create new ways to collect and use information. We often introduce new features, some of which may result in the collection of new information. Furthermore, new partnerships or corporate acquisitions may result in new features, and these may potentially result in collection of new types of information.
2.2 User Shared Information
In addition to automatically collected information, some of our other websites ask users to share additional information. We collect information when you visit a Recargo website, use our mobile applications, or interact with any advertising on Recargo websites. Some of the ways we do this are described below:
- At www.Recargo.com, the website users can access limited features of this website without disclosing personal information. In order to access the entire website, users must register for an account, which will provide the registrant with full access to the website, including access to the website’s forums, message boards and chat rooms. Registration also allows users to add and comment on mapped EV charging sites. If users choose to register to participate in the community message board, Recargo will collect personal information, including e-mail address, zip code or other location information, and any biographical information you wish to share with the community. If users wish to share charging site information, they can choose how much and what type of information they wish to share about the charging site.
- At www.PluginCars.com the website users can read articles or register to participate in online discussions of the latest electric vehicle news without sharing personal information. If users choose to register to participate in the community message board, Recargo will collect personal information, including e-mail address, zip code or other location information, and any biographical information you wish to share with the community.
- At www.plugshare.com, you can browse public charging stations without an account, and you can sign up using only your email and password in order to browse home chargers. You can choose how much information you wish to display about yourself, or opt out anytime. If users choose to register to take advantage of enhanced capabilities of the site, Recargo will collect personal information, including e-mail address, zip code or other location information, and any biographical information you wish to share with the community.
- At www.greenchargeapp.com, a user may use the app only if the user consents to the collection of data about the charge status, location, make, year, and model of the user’s car and about the time, place, and amount of the car’s energy usage at a particular charge station. The app also creates and stores a record of the user’s charging history.
- At www.pluginsights.com, Recargo offers surveys through which a user may share with Recargo various types of information about the personal characteristics, preferences, and interests of the user. This information is anonymously shared in aggregated form with third parties such as EV car manufacturers so they can design products that suit and satisfy the needs of various demographic groups.
- At www.chargemanager.com, users will find tools that allow them to maintain a fleet of EVs and to monitor their locations, charge status, accelerometer data, electricity usage histories, and other vehicle usage statistics. This information is stored internally and used for purpose of reporting past usage to users and for understanding how we can better improve our products.
2.3. Service and support information
2.4. Polls and Surveys
Polls and surveys may be conducted by Recargo websites, other Recargo users, or by third parties on Recargo’s websites. Some third parties may target advertisements or promotions to you based on your answers in the poll. Recargo or third parties develop new programs or products based on the information you share in the surveys. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in surveys or polls. If the delivery of incentives requires your contact information, you may be asked to provide personal information to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer, which will be used only for the purpose of delivering the promised incentives and verifying your contact information. It is up to you whether you provide this information, or whether you desire to take advantage of an incentive. Your consent to use any personally identifiable information for the purposes set forth in the poll or survey will be explicitly requested by the party conducting it.
3. HOW WE SHARE USER INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
3.1 Personal Information is Not Generally Shared
3.2 We May Share Aggregate Information with Third Party Service Providers
We may allow third party service providers access to data about our users’ aggregate browsing habits in order to assist us in better understanding our website visitors. The use of this information is subject to the terms of agreements we have with these third party service providers (e.g., Google Analytics). These agreements prohibit these service providers from using the information collected from you except on an anonymous basis.
3.3 We May Share Information with Recargo Subsidiaries and Affiliates to Provide Optimal Services
3.4 Users Should Be Aware That Their Actions May Make Some Information Available to Third Parties
Any information you share on a public profile and any content you post on a message board or forum or share with other users through any other mode of communication may be seen by others and copied and transmitted to another forum outside of Recargo’s control. You are responsible for any information you share. You may send a request to Recargo to delete your public profile information by emailing Recargo at email@example.com. Unless you make such a request, your public profile and the information you share remains searchable and viewable on Recargo websites. Recargo encourages you to review the privacy statements of any websites you choose to visit via hyper-links posted on Recargo’s websites, so that you can understand how these other websites collect, use, and share your information. Recargo is not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on third-party websites accessed through Recargo’s website.
3.5 We Will Comply with Legal Process and Make Other Required Disclosures
3.6 Information May be Disclosed as a Result of a Change in Control or Sale of Recargo
4. TARGET ADS
Recargo does not currently, and does not intend to, share personally identifiable information with any third-party advertiser or ad network, but your profile information is visible to other Recargo users and potentially through public search engines, depending on your settings.
Recargo may, in the future, choose to target ads to Members both on and off Recargo websites through a variety of ad networks and ad exchanges, using:
- Advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers as permitted by mobile platforms both on and off Recargo;
- User-provided profile information and categories;
- Information inferred from a user’s profile;
- Your use of Recargo (for example, your Recargo search history) or clicking on a Recargo ad;
- Information from advertising partners, which we may use to help deliver ads more relevant to you.
If Recargo does participate in this type of targeted advertising, Recargo will still not be sharing personally identifiable information with any third party advertiser or ad network.
6. RECARGO COMMUNICATIONS
Recargo may communicate with you using e-mail, text messaging, and other ways available to us regarding Recargo service and security issues. Our communications may also contain promotional messages and information directly or on behalf of third parties, including information about EVs and EV-related developments. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information and messaging preferences. You may change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by signing into your account and changing your e-mail settings. You can also opt out of promotional messages by sending a request to Recargo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from Recargo.
7. DEVELOPERS USING RECARGO PLATFORM SERVICES
8. YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS, CORRECT, OR DELETE INFORMATION; CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNTS
You can access and control some of the information that we collect and process about you. For example, you may: (1) access, modify, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Recargo regarding your profile by going to the “Profile” page on any of Recargo’s websites; (2) modify payment settings and e-mail notification settings; and/or (3) close your account.
Please note: Information you have shared with others (for example, through content sharing or comments) or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile. In addition, you may not be able to access, correct, or eliminate any information about you that other users copied or exported out of Recargo’s websites, because this information may not be in our control.
9. DATA RETENTION
10. USER OBLIGATIONS
- You must not upload or otherwise disseminate any information that may infringe on the rights of others or which may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist, or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of Recargo and its community of Members.
- You must keep your username and password confidential and not share it with others.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the Recargo website. All of Recargo’s websites, products, and services are directed to people who are at least 13 years old.
11. SAFE HARBOR
Recargo is a participant in and complies with the U.S.-E.U. and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Recargo has certified to the U.S. Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program or to view Recargo’s certification please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
13. CALIFORNIA’S SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits any users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Recargo currently does not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
14. SECURITY AND RECOURSE
We have implemented security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide in accordance with industry standards. Access to your personal information on Recargo is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Recargo websites. We also offer secure https access to the website. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to Recargo. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Recargo users are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.
1015 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291