For EV Drivers
PlugShare is a free application for iOS, Android, and web that allows users to find and review charging stations, and to connect with other plug-in vehicle owners. PlugShare provides the most accurate and complete public charging map worldwide, with stations from every major network in North America (Tesla Supercharger, Blink, EVgo, ChargePoint, SemaCharge, GE WattStation, AeroVironment) and Europe (RWE, Clever, Endesa, Enel).
- Majority of new EV registrations sign up for a PlugShare account
- Database of 62,300+ charging stations in USA and Canada
- Global coverage of 125,500+ charging stations
- 568,000 station reviews and 119,000 charging station photos
PlugShare is also the official EV charging station locator for the Nissan No Charge to Charge ProgramSM and the MyFord Mobile app.
PlugShare offers a host of features that have made it the most popular EV charging station locator app:
- PlugScores show the highest-rated stations based on user reviews.
- Photos and station details help drivers with last-mile navigation.
- Reviews and tips from other users, as well as real-time availability, let drivers know what to expect at each station.
- Filters show only stations compatible with a driver’s vehicle. Filters can be adjusted to suit driver preferences for station type and charging network.
- Pay with PlugShare allows users to pay for charging conveniently through a mobile phone at participating locations.
- Messaging lets drivers coordinate with each other to share public stations.
- Notifications can alert users when a new charging station is installed nearby.
- Community moderation allows users to add new charging stations or report errors with station listings.
- Trip planner helps users plan a road trip by showing all stations along the route.
Pay with PlugShare
Drivers can pay for charging sessions directly from the PlugShare mobile app. There are no membership fees, balances, commitments, or recurring billing plans. If a station supports Pay with PlugShare, PlugShare users automatically see the option in the app.
- Allows any driver, even if not a member of the station’s particular network, to easily pay for a charge
- Driver can monitor the charging session with the PlugShare app
- No service fee for the driver and no fee for the station owner
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- Payments are processed securely
Pay with PlugShare works with the SemaCharge and GE WattStation charging networks and will expand to other networks in the future.
PlugShare is the largest community of EV drivers in the world. The PlugShare app is built for, and powered by, the more than 209,000 members who use it every day to help get the most out of their electric vehicles. From within the app, users check in when they charge, sharing tips, comments, and photos, and providing snapshots of their charging experiences.
Some community members also share their personal charging stations. These stations appear on the PlugShare charging map if the shared residential station filter is selected. There are thousands of shared charging stations throughout the country, helping to fill the gaps in public charging infrastructure. Users have complete control over the times and terms of their stations’ availability, how other members can contact them, and what personal information is displayed.
The PlugShare Station API currently serves millions of requests per month and is powering major OEM mobile and in-vehicle apps. Please contact us to learn more.
For information about accessing PlugShare’s rich charging station data, please see Infrastructure Data & Analysis.