A message from PlugShare CEO, Nick Wild
Los Angeles | July 14, 2021
Today we’re announcing that PlugShare and our parent company Recargo have been acquired by EVgo, the largest public EV fast charging network in the United States.
EVgo is an ideal home for us as they support our core principles of neutrality and co-operation. They have been a great network partner of ours for a long time and have always valued sharing their network data with the PlugShare community and hearing your feedback to better understand how they can serve drivers better and get your unique perspective on what is happening “on the ground” at their stations.
While we’re now part of the EVgo family, PlugShare will remain an open resource to support all of the charging networks and other EV companies and organizations that are so vital to building an electric future. EVgo’s support will allow us to continue this mission in an even stronger way in the years ahead.
Critical things that are not changing:
- Our neutrality. PlugShare will treat EVgo the same as we do every other charging network when it comes to the app and web experience. Zero bias in search results, reviews, PlugScores, and trip planning routes.
- Our commitment to data protection and privacy. EVgo will not gain access to the PlugShare database to use as a marketing tool.
- Our product commitments across the Web, Android™ and iOS™, as well as new platforms like Android Auto™ and CarPlay™.
- Our focus on enhancing the EV driver experience and accelerating EV adoption.
- Above all, our focus on and commitment to you, the driver.
The road ahead is now, more than ever, one to a clean transportation revolution and we are so very honored to be on the trip with you.
Happy charging and safe travels,
Co-Founder and CEO and the entire PlugShare team