Last Modified: December 19, 2019
Recargo, Inc.’s (“Recargo,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) goal is to create a supportive community of Electric Vehicle (“EV”) users, to deliver industry-leading charging information and a broad range of innovative products and services to help make the EV driving experience as easy and rewarding as possible. Recargo respects your privacy and takes our responsibility to protect your privacy seriously.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
“Cookies” are a standard Internet technology that allows us to store and retrieve login and other usage information for every user of our Websites. “Cookies” are small text files that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard drive or on your mobile device when you visit a website. They allow our Websites to store such things as user preferences. Our Websites use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) when you close your browser. Persistent cookies usually have an expiration date far into the future and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you delete them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
- To Store Your Preferences and Settings. Settings that enable our Websites to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We may save preferences, such as device (e.g., computer, laptop, or mobile device) language, browser, and multimedia player settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the Websites. If you opt out of interest-based advertising, we store your opt-out preference in a cookie on your device. Cookies can also help you fill out forms on our Websites.
- For Sign-in and Authentication. When you sign into one of our Websites using your account, we may store a unique ID, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Website without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the Websites.
- For Storing Information You Provide to a Website. When you provide personal information to our Websites, we may store the information in a cookie.
- For Social Media Use. Some of our Websites may include social media cookies, including without limitation, sharing service offering pages from our Websites using our sharing links and enabling users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
- Social Sharing. We also embed social sharing icons throughout our Websites. These sharing options are designed to enable users to easily share content from our Websites with their friends using a variety of different social networks. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these services. These services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal data shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the Websites and do not participate in social sharing on the Websites.
COOKIES SET BY THIRD PARTY SITES
To enhance our content and to deliver a better online experience for our users, we sometimes embed images and videos from other websites on our Websites. We currently use, and may in future use content from websites such as Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You may be presented with Cookies from these third-party websites. Please note that we do not control these Cookies. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own privacy statements or policies. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties, using cookies or other means. You should consult and review the relevant third-party privacy statement or policy for information on how these cookies are used and how you can control them.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DOES RECARGO USE?
The cookies used on our Websites fall within the following categories:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Websites, and to use online forms.
- Functional cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our Websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Websites and our communications sent to you more relevant to your interests.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing/targeting cookies. On our Websites, we might use remarketing cookies of certain display advertising service providers. These serve the purpose of displaying advertisements to those users of third party websites that have previously visited one of our Websites. For this purpose, we collect the information that a certain user has viewed specific websites and services. This information will be linked to a marketing cookie – a text file that is placed on your device by the display advertising service provider. When you visit other websites, specific advertisements regarding our Websites, including without limitation promotional offers, may be displayed to you based on your past visit to our Websites.
You can find more information about some of the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them by clicking here.
HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES THROUGH YOUR INTERNET BROWSER
You can prevent cookies from being stored by using the relevant setting in your browser software. You can follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” portion of the browser toolbar or options).
HOW TO DEACTIVATE COOKIES
Most Internet browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your browser. If you do not agree to the use of these cookies, please disable or delete them by following the instructions for your browser set out here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/, or use automated disabling tools where available. However, some of our Websites will not function well if cookies are disabled.
RETARGETING AND REMARKETING
Recargo use third-party vendor Retargeting tracking cookies, pixels, and other technologies including Google Ads, Facebook Pixel and Facebook SDK, Verizon Dot Pixel, Apple iAd Framework, and Microsoft Universal Event Tracking, to collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website, the website of entities for which we serve advertisements (our “Advertisers”), or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (“Publishers”). This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). We collect information about where you saw the ads we serve you and what ads you clicked on to measure the success of our advertising campaigns.
If you do not wish to participate in our Google Ads Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google's Ads Preferences Manager: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
If you do not wish to participate in Facebook Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
If you do not wish to participate in Verizon Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/controls/index.html
If you do not wish to participate in Microsoft Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/signedout
To opt-out of targeted advertising on your iOS or iPadOS device, you can enable Limit Ad Tracking by going to Settings > Privacy > Advertising and turning on Limit Ad Tracking.
HOW TO OPT OUT OF TARGETED ADVERTISING
You can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (DAA) by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
COOKIES THAT HAVE BEEN SET IN THE PAST
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.